Magazine Capacity:6 Rounds
Rohrbaugh is excited to introduce a version of our award-winning R9 pistol incorporating Robar Custom’s advanced NP3 coating. NP3 is a surface treatment for steel and metal alloys that combines sub-micron particles of PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) – otherwise known as Teflon – with electroless nickel. NP3 has a high lubricity and low friction co-efficient; the reduced friction wear greatly increases the life expectancy of the firearm.
- Advantages of NP3 include:
- Very accurate and even coating on all activated surfaces.
- No lubrication is needed on opposing surfaces.
- Cleaning is minimal, usually requiring only a soft cloth.
- Permits firing for longer periods of time between cleanings,
as dirt and powder residue has no wet or oily surface to cling to.
- Micro hardness of 48-51 Rockwell as plated (nickel matrix).
- Very corrosion resistant.
The Rohrbaugh/Robar process:
All parts are hand-selected and inspected to ensure they are to spec and of the highest quality. The pistol is then carefully crafted, handfit and tested. Upon completion, the pistol is disassembled, cleaned and inspected. The slide, barrel, frame and trigger are then sent to Robar for NP3 coating. After coating is applied, we implement final assembly.
- Features of the Rohrbaugh/Robar include:
- Tuned and polished extractor
- Tuned and polished ejector
- Polished back of hammer
- Polished radius of trigger
- Polished grip screws
- Polished magazine bases
- Polished magazine release
- Neil Hogue custom checkered G10 grips